Get involved with AccessHE near me and find outreach opportunities.
AccessHE Uni Connect
The focus of Uni Connect is to provide targeted higher education outreach to young people in years 9 to 13 living in England. AccessHE leads the Uni Connect program in North London, to provide outreach opportunities for underrepresented students.
- Students from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- Black and Minority Ethnic Students
- Care Experienced students
- Traveller, Gypsy, or Roma Students
- Students from Military Families
- Disabled students
- Students with criminal convictions
- Students with Refugee Status
The North London UniConnect Outreach Hub is sub-divided into a further four areas, each with its own dedicated Outreach Coordinator:
Central London (Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Camden, Tower Hamlets, and the City of London)
North West London (Brent, Barnet, Harrow, Ealing)
North London (Hackney, Haringey, Enfield)
North East London (Newham, Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham)
What the outreach hubs do
The hubs have three main functions. They:
- Help teachers and advisers find out about the outreach activity available in the area, by acting as a single point of contact and information for all secondary schools and colleges in their geographic remit.
- Support schools and colleges in areas of low participation to access higher education outreach. This means understanding their outreach needs and helping them to access relevant outreach provision. If there are gaps in existing provision, the hubs can facilitate collaborative work to address these.
- Provide a platform for other local collaborative activity, such as work with local authorities, local enterprise partnerships and employers relating to careers education and progression to further/higher education.
Subscribe to the AccessHE Uni Connect Newsletter to hear about upcoming opportunities for you and your students in London.
The Outreach Hub Newsletter is put together by the AccessHE Uni Connect Outreach Hub Coordinator team. Disseminated every Monday, it signposts all activity relating to HE progression for school and career leads, local authorities and other advocates across the North London area. Visit AccessHE to learn more about the Uni Connect programme.
> Sign up to receive the newsletter
> View our past newsletters